I know exactly what you mean. I was tentative when bringing mine along for the first time, I thought that she might poo-poo the whole idea, thus making it more difficult for me to enjoy. Now she's the one suggesting that we go more often. The beauty of this remote wilderness with its many waterfalls, rushing streams, and sylvan glades makes for a good mix of both types of off roading. The access roads that we'll be on are all dirt forest roads. From there we can opt to get off the beaten track along countless trails, over which tires have not tread for at least two years. The expansiveness of this area can only be outdone by the flexibility it possesses for different thresholds of off road enjoyment.... there, that's my brochure bit. Really, it's as tough as you want it, or as smooth as you want it. Lots of options available. Making it enjoyable for everyone is at the top of the priorities list. The routes that we take will reflect that.

The approach to the camping area can be all paved, with the exception of the last 2 miles. The last leg will be dirt forest road, comfortably passable. Bear in mind, my X is stock, and I've been through every one of these places several times.

I really hope that the two of you can make it. It's always more fun with more people. Plus I'd like to get to know all of you in the MadCity group.