Here is an email that I just received from someone actually doing the tri this weekend. Thought I would share it all.

Hi,

I’m a triathlete that will be racing in the AZ Xtreme Desert Xterra tri this coming weekend. I was doing a search on the net to see if there was any additional info on the race, and came across the AZ Xterra club site and saw that your group is volunteering for the race. I just wanted to give you all a big THANK YOU for volunteering and supporting the race. This really means a lot to each and every racer. Without the volunteers making sure we stay on course we’d probably end up tripping around aimlessly in the desert, which certainly isn’t fun (or safe). I pre-rode the course on my mountain bike last weekend, and having course marshals keeping us on track will be a big help. We also really appreciate the water hand-ups and the cheering from each volunteer. This is definitely a challenging course, so every bit of encouragement we hear helps us keep pushing through to the end.

I always try to thank each volunteer that I see out on the course, but just wanted to write and thank your entire group. You make our races possible!