I've been enjoying this thread.
My wife had an '87 Pathfinder and loved it. Pathfinders are now too big so she bought an Xterra and loves it! I don't know how the Xterra does off road because she is smart enough to not let me drive it. smile I have a highly modified Wrangler (TJ) and do most everything from exploring to hard core with it.

I really like the modified X-Rated badges. If some one were to actually have some of those made just like the Jeep ones I would buy a bunch for me and my friend's Jeeps. The Jeep "Trail Rated" is a joke amongst most Jeep owners that actually wheel.
Even saying a stock Rubicon can do the Rubicon Trail is a joke. Of course during the Jeep Safari held on the Rubicon a stock one can do it. I would hope so as they rock up the trail so most any SUV could do it. laugh
Anyhow, they're all fun and if they go where you want to go with the junk you want to carry without breaking, then you've got what you need!
My wife comes to this forum occasionally and was asking me about the phrase, "It's a Jeep Thing, You Wouldn't Understand". You see it all the time on soccer mom's Jeeps and it's lost any meaning. It actually came from guys who would buy Jeeps, put thousands of thousands of dollars into them so they could do hard core trails and then bash them all to hell. If some normal person would ask them why they would put 35 grand into a Jeep and then take it out and wreck it, about all they could say was, "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand."
I'm one of those nuts but I wouldn't wear one of those stupid stickers. I think they are insulting. Most people will understand if you take the time to explain it to them. Actually it's quite easy. "More money than brains". Bwaahahahaha!

Here's some pictures:

Take care,
Ron