Quote:
Originally posted by rob in Santa Fe:
Is it "the more the merrier?"

Actually, "more" can be a lot of work. The largest group last year was 28 trucks, and it was almost 45 minutes long. When stopping for lunch, the people at the front had finished eating when the people at the back were showing up.

I want to keep the groups limited to 30 trucks max this year, which should be similar to last year. There are 84 Xterras signed up for GOX, but to be honest, some people have dropped out, and there are also people who are coming who haven't joined the list, so I have no idea how many are attending.

When the final schedule is posted next week, there will be a sign-up sheet for the trail runs.

Novice drivers, or people who have never been to Ouray/GOX should run with my group.
People who attended last year should run with Mosi or Carlton, as they know the area well.

People may also choose just to do what they want, which is another reason the schedule is posted.

If you are planning on making it up as you go, and have a small group, please pay close attention to the itinerary, and schedule your runs around the runs listed. There is nothing worse than having 30 trucks meet head-to-head with 20 other trucks on a shelf road 8 feet wide, on a 2000 foot cliff, with nowhere to pass.

The rally points will be located on the map you will get when you arrive in Ouray.

People who are not on the GOX list will be allowed on trail runs only if space permits. They also wont get maps/goodies/stickers unless we have any leftover.

------------------
Regards,
Ian