Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:

Quote:
This is one of the reasons I recommend not bringing pets. They do interefere with social things. If you are heading to Moab after GOX, be aware that Canyonlands and Arches do not allow pets of any kind, even in vehicles.

Our dogs have interfered with many a social gathering. It's a choice we made when deciding to accept the responsibility of pet ownership. We believe they add more to our lives than what we lose.

There are many areas that don't allow dogs, for multitudes of reasons. Thank's for letting us know these too are on that list.

Quote:
Dogs are fun to take wheeling...

Most of the time Like our friends that bring children, there are time when we wished we would have left them somewhere else.

Quote:
Dogs love to chase marmots and pikas, and they are all over the place.

Which is why many areas ban them. They can be detrimental to wildlife and in certain areas attract wild cats which eat the dogs for dinner.

When 4-wheel'n we aim to be responsible and tread lightly. We assume the same responsibility with our pets. Thanks for the advice. I don't mind being reminded of my responsibility and warned of the dangers.

------------------
it's my wife's xterra; sometimes i get to drive...
accasbel@home.com