Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
...i dont think ian ever voted NO on Labor day... in fact the impression i got was more of a
"i would like it to be labor day, the only problem is that college students..."...

Well not to be argumentative but Ian had taken things other then just college students and people with kids into consideration earlier...i.e. weather. That is what is going to dictate when I organize the 140 mile Mojave Road trip in 2002.

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
GOX III may be earlier next year.
On the way home Saturday, the mountains of Colorado got dumped on with a foot of fresh snow. Had that happened in Ouray, GOX would have been nothing more than sitting around Ouray drinking beer wondering what the trails were like.

Anyone want to run Black Bear in a foot of snow ?

I'm currently doing research on weather to come up with an end all, be all date for GOX, and it may be in August. Sorry, but Moab is no longer a consideration for planning GOX.

An another consideration of weather

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
July 4th is out. Last year was nice, but this year Black Bear and Pughkeepsie were both still closed with snow.

Labor Day was nice, but the weather can come in early and close trails. Jeep Jamboree has moved up to the second week in September due to snow problems in the past. The storm we got over the weekend was not uncommon.

Moab is no longer a concern due to the small number of people who want to go there after GOX.

If you want to go to Moab, I'm working with Nissan and Calmini to have an event (all Nissans, not just Xterras) at Easter Safari, which will break the year up nicely with 2 big gatherings several months apart.

Moab isn't that hot anyway if you turn the A/C on.

The above can be referenced HERE . Nothing was left out... I included the entire qoute.

But I guess something has changed... that is why I was confused frown eek earlier.

But like I said earlier...
Quote:
Originally posted by LAXterra:
[b]Ian's word is the final word [/b]

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860