Quote:
Originally posted by Carlton McMillan:
GOX was an Ian thing and I do not think that I could do as well as what he did. That and I do not have the knowldge of the Colorado trails that Ian had.

goneMOAB is it now.
Some thought's:

So are you saying that anything that can't take place with your exclusive knowledge won't take place at all? I thought there were 10,000 members on this board. Are none of them qualified/willing/able to assist?

I'm sure that gone will be an awesome event, but GOX was the only national Xterra event out there.

You said that nobody else has Ian's knowledge of CO in conjunction with experience planning these things. Probably true. However, I don't see the word "Colorado" anywhere in the GOX acronym. So I guess I don't understand why that would be the issue. There are thousands of miles of 4wd trails in California, Montana, Idaho and other states. Perhaps it's worth taking a look at.

I haven't been able to attend a national Xterra or Nissan event yet, but want to soon.

I don't see why, if there's interest, that an event would not take place. That is the MOST difficult part about getting an event together. If GOX just goes away, Ian's years of work getting people interested GOX just goes to waste.

If resources are a problem, maybe it would be helpful to re-open supporting memberships. There are a lot of people out there who would be willing to pay.

Dunno, I just don't want to see a good thing end.