Todrick posted.
Quote:
Big events only work with one "captain" and that person needs to have an amazing amount of time and patience
uh, no. SXFC has 2 huge events a year with the next one Spring Rally coming up in March. We have a Group of Directors that represent the club equalling 7 BOD's. we all make decisions and get input from all of our members which is now 65 active members with dues paid. True it takes a lot of planning and information gathering but, with the amount of members in this club (XOC) should be able to make a national event somewhere. several clubs have yearly events and there is the ECXC, i never did attend GOX as it just never worked out, but i imagine it was fun especially for a flatlander like myself. I do however agree with Jeffw that GOX should continue in some manner, as Camp Jeep, Jeep Jamboree and so on all have founders and continue on. Think about it, how many people have we met due to this vehicle that we never would have met? Does this mean that larger portions of our community should not get a chance to meet because the founder has stepped down? I think Ian would want us all to continue on having fun and being safe while doing so. (why does it seem like he died the way I'm writing this?) Do we need another event? Yes. We are going to be getting a lot more newcomers in the next few months who are going to be reading posts here and asking questions about GOX and Gone Moab. We have a lot of regional clubs in this community that have a lot of knowledge of different areas of the country. Maybe here on XOC we should have a representive from each club that is active and vote on an area to have a national event for the year or multiple events one east of the Mississippi and one west of it. anyways just my .02