Doesn’t seem to be anything new in this thread for quite a while. It seems like I saw another one somewhere where there was quite a bit of discussion on the different trails, which ones you should avoid if you didn’t want to “break things”, camping areas, places you could hook up if you could not make the entire trek, etc… I did several searches, but could not find it again, so if anyone could redirect me – please do. In the mean time I’ve got a couple of questions.

1. Just bought an ’04 4X4 SE, while I don’t mind getting it dirty or maybe a scratch here and there, I really don’t want to break anything – is GOX not for me? I’ve read where a lot of stock X’s have made the journey…

2. What are the costs associated with this trip outside of gas, beer, food, etc… in other words are the trail runs free, or do they cost? Camp sites? Is there a cost associated with attending GOX, if so what is it. I know that I would need to install sliders before I would go, but just trying to get an estimate of what the trip would cost (new Xterra’s come with new truck payments…)

BTW - I’ve done a couple of forest access roads in Colorado, and some primitive roads in Big Bend NP with my old Xterra, other than that I’m pretty much a newbie, so sorry if these seem to be dumb questions.