Quote:
Originally posted by gymbo:
cool Very interesting, please show me data, justifying your doomsday prediction and your assumtion, of the Calmini brackets being "potmetal"-I'll wait with baited breath-

cool

-- [Wave] [Wave] JIMBO
Did you not read this thread? Or did you automatically think I was referring to the Calmini bumper pictured? Look closer. This guy used shelf brackets to mount a tire/rim to a bracket designed for a 14" tire for a camper... I don't even feel comfortable with my bracket like that on my camper that came from the factory. I safety cabled it, just in case.

I have broken shelf brackets holding up much less weight, and in a stationary position with much less weight trying to use them for "other purposes" They are a very poor quality of alloy and do not hold up to any flexing or weather.

edit: And your carrier looks fine.. The only thing I dislike about the Calmini stuff is the finish, if they could get the powdercoat right, it would be flawless. I think their problem lies in the prep work for some reason. Most of the chips I've had in my Calmini stuff seem to be from air pockets behind the coating which sometimes comes from oil contamination (think fingerprints).