Hey Scott - as long as you're driving 2000 to TX....tow mine with you and get a two fer. (You have to pass me on the way anyway...)

laugh

I'm thinking for the rear bumper, that replacing the rear plastic with steel would be a bulky PITA thing...

I think just having beefy tube wings that wrap the contour, so that it gives the roll onto that side some corner protection, tight enough on the leading edge so that the wings would not grab passers by, saplings, etc., would be perfect, not a fabrication nightmare or a huge weight penalty.

I see the corner protection as less to protect the plastic corners, and more to protect the truck's integrity on a lean over, rock squeeze, etc.

The XJ's would end up with broken side glass, ends pushed in so the hatches wouldn't open, torqued unibodies, etc...unless the rear bumpers came out far enough, and then, the bumper would hit first instead of something that crumpled. We have frames, but that just gives more to brace to...the body is still whackable.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif