I recently decided to start making some mods to my X, with the intent of getting everything complete by the start of deer hunting here in MI, October 1st. After doing a lot of reading, I decided to get shackles and shocks from Spencer Low Racing. Looking like a big mistake. I placed an order on 8/22/07 for 2 bilstein front shocks, 2 bilstein rear shocks, and 2 shackles. It was not clear that the shackles were sold in pairs when I ordered, so I called and emailed asking the order be adjusted to sell me just 1 pair of shackles, not 2. I was told it would be taken care of, but I was still billed for 2 pairs of shackles.

On 9/4/07, I received 1 pair of shackles, no packing slip. I called and asked what's up, since my order was adjusted in their favor (1 pair of shackles arrived, I am still billed for 2), how come my credit card wasn't credited. And I was wondering when my shocks might arrive. The person took my phone number, and I was told it would be looked into ASAP.

Today is 9/13/07. I have heard nothing from them. I have not received an adjustment to my credit card, have not received my shocks, and I just received email notice that SLR is shipping me a 6 pound package via UPS. I'm guessing these aren't the shocks? I hope they aren't shipping me another set of shackles!

I had read around here that they have had bouts of bad service, but were very knowledgeable. What is ticking me off is it appears there is no customer service here. I'm sorry, if you put up a store front on the web, you need to fulfill your end of things. Otherwise, take it down.

Now I'm in a bind, as I gave myself ample time to do this stuff, and 2 weeks before October I'm standing in my driveway holding my ........shackles. I guess it's time to call the credit card company.