Thanks to everyone who has posted and kept this civil- these things can go south in a hurry, and that's not why I started this thread, no intention to bash anyone.

I've called and emailed each time I contacted them. And who says he has to answer for himself? From the sounds of things he needs a secretary! Obviously they make decent stuff, because people are putting up with these frustrations and still buying from him. But it would appear that his business could do better with someone answering and taking orders, handling customer service, etc.

I'm sure he's a great guy, and is doing some good work. I'm truly sorry this has gone this way on my order. But the solution seems simple: hire someone to handle these issues! I am in MI, and I'm looking at the SLR website, and it looks like SLR is set up to sell me stuff. When you convince someone to part with hard earned money, you shouldn't leave them hanging wondering what the heck is happening for weeks on end when they are getting what they bought.