I placed an order online with them on a Tuesday morning at 11am. I waited until Friday at 3pm to call them as my order had shown as pending/processing since I placed my order. On Friday at 6pm, I call them. I got ahold of some guy on the phone and asked him why my order showed as still "processing" when it's been over 3 days since I placed it. He told me "you ordered this today, and we don't get around to orders placed on Friday until Monday"....I quickly corrected him and said I ordered it 3 days ago on a Tuesday. The response I got was "no, you're mistaken, you didn't place it then" WTF?!?!?!?!? And he basically blew me off and said they couldn't do anything about it until Monday...and I had needed these parts sooner than that. If there was ever a time I would have wanted to use the Lord Vader Jedi choke hold through the phone, that was one of them. He basically was full of shit, realized they screwed up and forgot my order, then tried to pawn it off on me. On top of that, it took them another week after that Monday to ship the order...even though they confirmed it was in stock when I "supposedly" placed the order on Friday.

Bad service...I don't give a shit how swamped they are...they shouldn't be in business if they can't handle the volume, or should hire more help...period