Recently took my 2003 4x4 SE AT w/DVC up to Sequoia, CA for a week of vacation, ranging in atltudes from 4500' to 8200' MSL. No problems; the truck climbed effortlessly for the whole week. The truck now has about 1600 miles on it (through the properly handled break-in period).

Noticed when I got the truck that when I initially turn the key on, the A/T OIL O/H light does not come on. After Sequoia, went to the dealership where I bought the truck and asked them to check it out. They put it on a diagnostics machine (?) and said they could find nothing wrong but they had no idea where the light was supposed to show on the instrument panel. Said they would get back to me, which they didn't after 3 weeks now.

Took a day trip up to Wrightwood, CA up the old Lone Pine Canyon Road (a max. altitude gain of about 3000'MSL from where I live. At the top of the climb cars were beginning to come up behind me. I turned off the O/D with virtually no gain in performance; kicked the tranny down into 2nd with very little gain in performance, just a lot of engine RPM and noise - very disappointing as I had not experienced this on vacation during the break-in.

Has anyone experience this in the non-S/C'd, 4x4 3.3L A/T? Could the dealer have left a connector loose in the Fuel Management Computer or caused a failer in the computer during their diagnostics operation?

G

Last week