Quote:
Originally posted by FSRBIKER:
Because the new upper a-arms are shaped differently than the factory ones to allow for more travel, they are also a slight bit longer.

I questioned AC about their kit as well as MANY others did when it came out about the travel and such...was that a bad thing? I am not "in bed" with anyone(except my wife), I sell some of AC's parts and they sell mine...is that a bad thing to increase my sales?
I just remember how your tune changed about AC when it was discovered by accident that the lift that you are selling is infact a repackaged AC lift.

If in fact you are now using new longer/differant shaped UCA's for for increased tire drop I can see a problem. With allowing more tire drop the problem can be heard with a loud crack as your CV joint explodes.

We have seen it before here on this board where people with the lifts* that are on the market now have nuked their CV due to it binding. So if you are infact getting more drop from the front end via a new UCA then I hope you bring extra half shafts so that you can replace them when you granade them on the trail.

Note: *although I think the only people that have done this have been running the AC lift - The same lift that is notorious for killing the EOE tie rod centerlinks. Someone correct me if I am wrong.