Quote:
Originally posted by SWXterraClub:
Quote:
Originally posted by wilburburns:
[b]Carlton, you were at Nissannet. Did you not take a look at Mehdi's truck. He has the 2" BL, and a lifted ARB. He also has the Warn HS9500. If you recall, he even used the winch on a couple of occasions. The ARB did not move or flex with the new 2" cradle. Even while winching GAtor at that bad angle.

I just don't understand how you can say that you can't raise an ARB safely for use with a winch.

Cliff
Were those custom brackets? Are they sold by a insured and bonded shop that will take responsibility for a failure?

I will admit they they did look beefy. But from my speaking with ARB, 4Wheel Parts Wholesaler and others that have been in the business for quite some time, it is not suggested or recommended to do what he did with that bumper.[/b]
Those brackets are not sold, they are custom built. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure you know who built them.

Don't forget Pika's ARB. It's lifted 2" and custom brackets were made to mount it up to the X (it's a cherokee ARB). His winch performed well also in the ARB.

I doubt that you will find anyone who will sell the brackets to lift the ARB. However, you could find a good fabricator/welder to build you one if need be.

Of course, ARB will not recommend this, because it modifies their design. Every 4wheelparts wholesaler I've seen has been a glorified parts reseller, not a true builder fabricator of Off-Road Parts. I have a shop called Trailblazers local to me (like a 4wheel parts). They are a bunch of idiots who don't know anything except how to sell RANCHO, TRAILMASTER, (insert any big manufacturer here) parts and accessories. They don't build/fabricate anything. A properly designed and welded cradle for an ARB will make the original design stronger and better.

That being said, Body lifts are a lot of work. [Wave]

Cliff
NOR Admin