Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Quote:
Originally posted by sean yeager:
[b]cheap in what sense? cheap in cost maybe, but certainly not cheaply designed or made...
Like this pile of crap ? [/b]
Wow, that's a little harsh.. Just because it doesnt have a brand name on it doesnt make it a pile of crap. I was tired of killing centerlinks on every trail run and needed a steering solution badly. No manufacturers make one for my old pathy, so I had one made to fit my truck. And, it works VERY well, thank you. Sometimes, if you cant get what you want, you have to make it yourself or have it made.. there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

That "pile of crap" had no problem surviving a 3.5+ rated trail today.. and will be tested VERY hard in the next few months. Today, the steering was put into quite a few situations where the truck was nose down on the rocks coming off of 4-5ft boulder strewn shelves. In this situation, most of the weight of the truck was sitting on the front tires, which were also needed to steer.. My truck is also lifted. Normally, that repeated type of situation would demolish a stock centerlink. I had no problems at all..

So, considering you havent seen it in person, you haven't driven my truck, nor have you had any part in constructing this setup.. your statement is at best opinion, and a pretty baseless one at that. Sure, its not "pretty". Many times prototypes and one-offs are not, this one had to be tweaked a couple times to get things right. But, in the end, it does work very well, and THAT in the wheeling world is what really matters, my friend.

Honestly, I'd like to see YOU build your own accessories... then mabye you can talk trash about what others make.