OK, so I lowered the Tbars more to get more room between the Upper A Arms and the bumpstops. Measure, drove around and braked to get settling. Needed to raise the passenger side a little to even out both sides.

Now everytime I have turned the bolt either way, it has turned pretty easy. But this time to raise the passenger side just 2 turns, it was a bear. No idea why now it was so hard, made me a little nervous. Can you adjust them up or down too much. I read guys here tweaking them quite a bit to get both sides even. Then I searched and found this from RedX......

"I truly cannot imagine lifting a truck by the torsion bar. The rotational force stored in one of those bars is tremendous.

I had the misfortune of having a T-bar aduster bolt give way when adjusting the bar a bit. It sounded like a gunshot when those threads gave way on the bolt, and the resulting force tore a hole in the palm of my hand about an inch wide. As well as blowing the socket off of the breaker bar I was using, firing it into the concrete garage floor about 6 inches from my head, taking a chunk out of the concrete floor, before flying into and denting the metal garage door about fifteen feet away.

There is way too much energy in those bars to subject them to adverse situations.

EDIT: And I will add....this all happened with the X on jackstands, and the upper A-arm at full droop, resting on the upper bumpstop. The force released in this incident was not vehicle-weight related....simply the result of the energy stored in the bar relative to its place in the torsional suspension environment.

[ 10-21-2002, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: RedX ]"

Possible problem I may have or am I being paranoid? Also, threads and bolts were lubed.