Well, at long last, I got the Revolvers, UBSkiderz and second set of AAL's onto the truck.

laugh

The (Folded/ride height) Revolvers are 1.25" longer than the OEM shackles, so only give about 0.75" of lift over stock.

They unfold to over 9" though on full droop.

laugh

I added the 3 pack AAL to get a bit of lift back, and to reinforce the suspension a bit: the truck scales say I'm over 2,400 lb out back eek

I added the UBSkidderz, as they raise the lower shock mount, and protect the leaf pack/U bolt areas, and the OEM mounts were already beat to crap, knocked crooked, etc.

On road, they feel no different from the other shackles...no quirks in handling.

I tried hard braking, swerving, steep hills and nailing the binders going down, and up...nothing unusual, feels just like normal shackles.

Side hills/off camber, better actually, the tires on the down hill side had more droop, and the uphill side compressed/stuffed more easily - essentially getting the shorter up-hill shackle/longer down-hill shackle effect.

So, so far, the only downside is that I noticed the shock length on extension I didn't have left...so the shocks are too short now.

And the drive shaft was hitting the cross member on full droop, so I had to beat the ever lovin crap out of that cross member, untill it refused to bother the drive shaft any more.

laugh

So I have aobout the same overall 3" lift..but a lot more rear droop even with the current Bils.

The Bils reach with the axle dropped level....like with the sliders on Jack stands...but, are too short if I try to stuff one side/droop the other...the drooped side is out of the shock's reach.

I haven't had time to safely crawl under there with the lower shock mount off, with one tire stuffed/the other drooped, to measure the new full droop shock length I need...I'm guessing close to 30" or so.

As I still compress to as short as 18", I'll need a shock that has a range of 18" to 30" or so - which is about a 12" travel shock, maybe a short body model, etc.

If I need more than 30" on extension...the next size up is a 14" travel set up. (Even harder to find with a 18" compressed length...) eek

So - I'm psyched, its works great as is (Better than before at least), and new shocks will pretty much gild that lilly.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif