Well i would suggest to go for second opinion at proper place - i.e tires/shocks shop.

I recently replaced mine - had same problem - sudden "floating" in different directions, crappy wiggling after small pits on road, all the sudden vibrations from time to time through steering column.

I went to chums at local dealership for 60K full blown service right before it all started to get worse and worse. They didnt say anything other than "oh well it might be alignment problem.. but we arent sure, seems ok"

So i asked here on forum, then ordered new shocks (wanted to put real ones anyway), then grabbed it all and went to tire shop, asking guys to have a look and stick in new shocks. Basically after they handed me my old shocks back - phrase rythming with "clucking bell" came in mind. They were "expired, ex-shocks, cease to be, gone to meet its maker.." & etc... i.e dead. I.e so much for trusting dealership to check something like that.

So now i am riding my new bilsteins and all the shitty issues gone. (and i am driving quite funky roads here, since we are up in mountains..)