RockSkier- Thanx for your input. I've looked for a rebuilt or one in a junk yard and had no luck. The Good Will claim got rejected from Nissan USA. They are only willing to give me a rental for as long as the work is going on. I'm dropping my baby off on Thursday and I'm going away for the weekend so they'll have it the whole time to work on it. Thanx for the offer to look around anyway. It is totally appreciated.

SilverXglider - 1st gear is gone and Nissan did look into a clutch adjustment or any type of repair. They said the stick is too loose in 1st. Almost as if it's in nuetral. They said it sounds like the teeth are gone. And they were baffled. They said they had never heard of this happening on an Xterra before. Obviously, that didn't make me feel any better. They also looked for a rebuild and couldn't find one (again, just my luck). They did say that they didn't feel it was abuse or neglect on my end, just "normal" wear... Define "normal" wear. I do local traveling w/ my baby; went off roading only once with it about 3 years ago (disappointing, I know) and have only made 1 long trip w/ it (to Cape Cod)-where I went off roading. What could've happened to it, I have no idea.

Again, I am greatful for everyone's input, and I will keep you all posted.