Ok its awn then, let the smack down begin laugh if you guys can use 5th gear in the dirt then that's something I just have to check out [ThumbsUp] On a tight/twisty course I think I might have a chance [Spit] but out in the open on the whoops I dunno?

Cycle,

Yeah I like the AP Johnny Joint Shackle Mount design where you weld the mount to the frame.

I was also thinking about some sort of drop shackle. The nth degree Zig-Zag… combo track bar and slider shackle system looks promising to me and works really well on Rick's CJ. A SYE and new CV drive shaft would be need for this option IMO www.nthdegreemobility.com

I figure I could use my stock X rear & weld on the spring perches, plus new plates, shock mounts if the only kit that's offered is SUA and I end up going SOA. My SAS 90 Pathy is SOA F&R, the rear stock drive shaft/angle is ok even with the RE 1.5” lift reverse eye spring + 1.5” lift shackles. I want to run 35's on the X and have less of a lift so I figure 7-8” of lift with flat rear springs is doable with a SOA. I'm waiting to see what CALMINI comes up with the SUA & longer spring designs but I will be using their kit for the front for sure.

The '85 grand axle seems a bit more beefy to me than my 83' standard waggy I have on the pathy and is ~ 1” wider so that should help match the wider X rear (~63 WMS) better.

BTW is it possible to use rear Ring & Pinion Gears from early 90's WD21 (Pathy/HB) V6's in newer H233b 3rd members like the X has? If the ring bolts are the same (12mm) is there anything other mods/parts that are needed?

[edited to fixed my typo]
Brian