Better late to a party than never.

Limewire (and its twin Bearshare) come prepackaged with the "parasite" known as "WHEN U" or "180 Solutions" (same thing). ONLY in the freeware versions as far as I know.

First, since these are basic P.I.T.A type parasites (popup), try good old "ADD/REMOVE Programs from the control panel for the items mentioned above. DO NOT GET DELETE HAPPY IN THERE!!!! Some of the things are needed, even if you dont know what it is) (My warning!!).

(GEEK MOMENT WARNING)
Now, If you download AD-Aware, and then decide to remove it, it'll blow away your TCPIP stack, and thats a no-no.

I like the following apps for beginners:

SPYBOT 1.4 (1.4 just rolled out) does a decent job of removing and a almost as good job of "immunizing" as well.

Webroot Spysweeper -- This is my baby, its a free trial, but worth the purchase (not online-goto PC store), I run WEBROOT stuff on my home network (geek!) Excellent job at removing andso-so at blocking)

Microsoft Anti-Spy BETA - Good too, but can be overwhelming to some. I wish they could make a better interface for it. (Damned Willy gates!)

HiJACK THIS and CWShredder - ONLY for geeks!! IF you know what you are doing ONLY!! (!! times 10 here)

Good luck!
MGJ