Hello,

Situation:

I have a 2002 Xterra and it has auto hubs. Recently I took it to Sears to have a wheel alignment. Come to find out that when the hubs were opened up they found that the previous mechanic that did my brake job had cracked both of the plastic pieces that are just in side the hub. I've seen install procedures that refer to this pieces as the "fixed cam assembly". The problem is that when I call the dealer they don't know what I'm talking about. The guy at sears was able to get the right side back on even though it was cracked. However the left side plastic piece broke and he had to put it on without the plastic.

Question 1:

Does anyone here know the part number for the "fixed cam assembly"? Honestly all I need is the plastic pieces but I will buy what I need if I have to buy the whole assembly.

Question 2:

What does this plastic piece do? Can the 4WD work without it? I choose not to try and use it until I find out for sure.

Question 3:

When I do finally get the part... can I just open the hub while the wheel is on the car to replace it or do I need to pull the wheel?

Thank you in advance,

--Mike