Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
Quote:
Originally posted by 3voices:
[b]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just got home from NYC, they must have asked us like 10 times what we would pay for it. It is going to be around 30K or more I think
they'd better release the Xtrail in the US market then, or they'll be missing a ton of business on the low end.
Why would they place the X in the same price segment as the Pathfinder? It wouldn't make any sense to have them sitting at the same price point. The Pathy projects to be in the 32k-38 range. I'm sure Nissan will have X models that will fill the $23-30k reange depending on trim level.

I hope they don't roll out a great vehicle and them shoot themselves in the foot by trying to bump up the price tag too much. It could backfire and create the same consumer confusion that resulted when the Altima's introduction conflicted with the Maxima.

What made the X a winner in the first place was the fact that we as consumers felt that we were getting great value from our purchase.[/b]
Socal,

How much would you pay for a 250hp V6 then? You gotta figure Nissan to had 5K to the price for the motor alone, right? We told them not more then 30k total for the truck otherwise it is in Pathy territory.

Stone