Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
A couple of intersting notes. The X interior looks similar if not identical to the Fronty photos I've seen thus far.

Does the rear fender well, the way it is squared off along with the angle of it resemble the Avalanche to anyone else? Or is it just me?

At 3.5 liters this engine makes 285HP in the Z. At 4.0 liters It wouldn't be very hard for the X to be hovering in the 275+ range with torque numbers to match. It probably wouldn't be too hard to squeeze out 300HP.

I really hope Nissan just lets the engines do their thing instead of "de-tuning" the X's output to increase the divide between the X and the Pathfinder.

I hope they see the benefits of having an affordable high horsepower vehicle without all the luxurious frills. (See WRX/WRX STi.)
Remember that the 350Z isn't tuned for offroading and towing either. With trucks it's all about torque so 250 HP will be more than enough; especially with 270+ ft. lbs. of torque. HP numbers are only good for advertising, where Americans think that's all that matters. I'll take torque over HP any day of the week!