All I can say is I had a blast yesterday. It was very cool seeing the truck in person.

A couple of us pressed one of the Nissan guys about the possiblity of getting a factory locker for at least the rear (pointing out that the Titan has it as part of the towing package) and all we got was "there is still alot that hasn't been decided".

They stressed that the '05 won't be out until MAY of '05, that this was the only drivable '05 X in existance.

I think it bodes well that they have an actual "offroad" model slated for production. It wouldn't suprise me if we saw upgraded skids, a locker and other offroad related goodies offered.

Or a different take on the interior. Don't know if anyone noticed the rear is not carpeted (!!) finally! They were also asking about the rest of the truck - as far as finishing materials. We may get a factory ruggedized X for offroarding (no carpet, water resistant seats, etc.) They seemed genually interested in our feedback and we gave it ("I would love to be able to hose out the interior!") I can't wait to see what they are going to offer with the offroad model. They seemed to get that there are a sizeable number of us that like to take these things offroad. They stressed the larger fenders for larger tires, how there wasn't anything hanging down underneath (indeed, it's very flat underneath - should be easy to skid). As others have pointed out, they seem to have really been listening to everyone's favorite issues over the last 5 years and tried to address them.

As for price, I personally (as well as several others) stressed that one of the key reasons for the X's success was price. We gave examples. I think Nissan understands that price is one of their large selling points and I wouldn't expect too much movement in that area, or as others have pointed out people will simply go elsewhere.

All in all it was a great time. Got some good free stuff, got to see the new X and go to NYC for the first time. Good stuff....