Quote:
Originally posted by altima:
I feel the same way. Nissan really screwed up. I was getting ready to trade my 02 in for a 05, but after seeing it I just about puked.. [ThumbsDown]
You really might want to see it in person first before writing it off :rolleyes:

Really, it isn't that different. I'm not crazy about the rear steps, but they certainly aren't a deal breaker. And I'm not thrilled with the chrome front grill either, but it's not a deal breaker - It still looks like an X. the new roof rack is a definite improvement up front. Personally the new powertrain more than makes up for the slight changes on the outside (and we knew there would be some changes, it is after all a total redesign due to the guts literally changing out). I was just thrilled it still looks like an X - look what Ford did with the Taurus, or Honda did with the CRX (can we say Del Sol tanked sales?).

Besides, the grill should get covered with an aftermarket bumper, right? [Wave]

I would highly doubt that the rear badges are going to stay as they are. Hopefully they will change for the better - they wouldn't even let us see inside so this truck is not final by any means (but the grill is - Nissan is quite clear they consider it "brand unifying"). Then again, Nissan does read these boards, and I bet they are reading this thread with much intrest - enough to change the front due to some comments on a message board? I guess we'll see...