These are a couple shots of me going up and coming down a nice steep slipery ravine, then coming down a nice off camber rutted ravine (testing the locker), followed by a hugh downhill descent (testing the hill descent control.)

As mentioned, we were not allowed to comment on performance, capability, or opinions until after today when the story in the Toronto Star was run.

As most of you who wheel know, pictures do not do terrain justice when wheeling. The ravines I crawled up through with the 05 I would not have gotten through in my X without the locker, so the traction the locker provided was great (as most of you know who run ARB lockers.) The hugh hill I came down was rutted, steep, and very slick. One of the guys spun his truck around and almost rolled it at the top. The 05 with the HDC engaged just crawled down it like a champ, nice and controlled, although it is noisy when working that hard (it was a pretty damn big hill!)

Some of my fav changes:
- the engine rocks! (obviously)
- the dual stage throttle control was great for crawling (not as jerky if you hit the gas)
- that said, I'm not big on the electronic vs cable engaged (could be pricy to repair)
- interior is much nicer and provides a little more room; controls are well placed
- love the rear cargo area changes (tracked adj floor tie downs and added tie downs in back of rear seats)
- rear seats don't remove to fold down (better IMO) and fold nice and flat
- front passenger seat folds ahead flat
- I personally like the new styling EXCEPT the larger wheel flairs and larger rear first aid hump

Here are a couple pics of the actual story from the Toronto Star (I'm looking in the rear cargo area in the first page and driving through the little ravine at right on the second page):

Member: Toronto Area Rover Club (TARC)
Home Page: XterraXcursions