Quote:
Originally posted by Xcited:
Quote:
Originally posted by nhXterraGuy85:
[b]may I just stop and say something completely off-topic? (or is it?)

Longest.

Thread.

EVAR!!! :p

Back to the Xterra. Hate the dial for 4wd, LOVE the 6 speed 350Z based transmission,(Automatics are [Rainbow] ) like the 250HP bit, hate everything else, especially the electronic throttle.
FWIW, the Service Mgr at a local dealer that sponsors our club said that all the complaints about the dial in 4wd (vs lever) is a pile a hooey. He said in all his years with Nissan he has NEVER seen a problem with ANY of their e-controlled 4wd controls.

On another note, FYI - we were told by nissan that the HDC on the 05 is a VERY advanced and complex system, far superior to that in ANY of its rivals (4runner, etc).[/b]
I don't doubt that it works properly (after all, this is Nissan we're talking about, not Ford) but it's still a wussy thing. Same for the ETC - I'm sure it works fine, but the throttle has no feel. I have always preferred cable throttle. Oh well, I know I'm fighting a losing battle, so no point in bitching about it I guess. Neither of my vehicles have it, so that's all that matters for now...