[quote=GrnXnham]After reading all the rave reviews of Bilsteins on this forum, I decided to get some for my F150. The X doesn't need any new shocks yet.

I'm not impressed. The ride is extremely stiff and bouncy now compared to the old OEM shocks. I'm not sure what all the excitement is about with these shocks but I won't be putting them on my X. [/quote]

LOL

Well, what valving did you get for rebound and compression, and what was the rebound and compression for the OEM's you replaced?

Remember, Rebound helps to control the sprung weight (Frame, etc...), and the Compression valving helps to control the un-sprung weight (Tires, axles, etc...)

If you get shocks for a lifted truck, they tend to be valved higher on Rebound to help control the added mass up higher, and on compression to help control the larger heavier tires most people get with a lift, etc....unless you order the valving range you want.

:D

What did you get/take off?

2001 5 Spd, 3" SL/2" BL, 33x13.5/16 LTB's, Snorkel, OBA, Warn 9.5 xp/Synth line, Shrock sliders, F/R Bumpers/Skids, 300M T-bars, Diff drop, Revolver Shackles, Bilstein 7100 short body/long travel shocks, Deaver 3-Pack/Calmini 2-Pack AAL, Elec Fan Swap