Have not had the best experiences with them from the get go, but this one takes the cake.

Last 2 oil changes went to a local service center. Took in my X 2005 to Oakville Nissan to have air bag recall service. Thought while I was there I would get an oil change. While on the hoist they told me by differential fluid was black and needed changing (I did not ask them to check this). I figured it was probably close to time to change it so went ahead with it ($300). The same day I had to do a 6hr drive for business and noticed there was an oil smell that lasted the entire trip there and back. In fact I had to degrease my rear window more than once from a greasy film.

Took the car back in to have it looked at as soon as I was back. They told me I blew my diff seal (rear Pinion). Cost $300 more dollars. I told them to go fly a kite after having many words with the service manager. Him telling me it was nothing they have done and that their best mechanic had worked on it, so not their problem, and they would be happy to loose me as a customer!

Until the last 2 oil changes I had religiously brought in my vehicle to them. Even though whenever there was a warranty issue, they would still come up with an excuse as to why I still had to pay for things (rear hatch rust, brakes needing machined at 10,000km, skid plate needing replaced because the original one was missing.

I am looking into legal recourse, as I have found out that overfilling the diff would cause the seal to blow. Gee for a dealership it's like christmas. Totally untraceable and un-provable that they overfilled the diff. as if the seal blows and leaks you can't tell if it was overfilled. I am not accusing them of doing this yet, but if you think about it, it would mean a quick $600 for them and possibly thousands if I didn't catch it in time.

Would love to know if anyone else has had this happen to them, and what you were able to do about it!