For those who decided to install the locker there is advise:

1) Polish the shaft to almost mirror finish to provide good surface finish for the seals (2 dynamic o-rings). Surface finish on the locker that I received was far from optimal for long and durable seal life. I cannot say the surface finish did not meet standard o-ring requirements because I had no way to check finish in my garage but the rule of thumb is that if you feel bumps using your fingernail the o-ring will feel them too. The bottom line is that I would spend this extra hour now than later 5 hours replacing stupid o-rings. I used 300, 600 and 1000 grit (use only sand paper for metal surfaces).

2) Change fluids often, especially during first few months. The locker break-in may result in metal shavings floating inside your diff. There are a two soft o-rings and rubber member activating the locker, which don’t appreciate slivers attacking them.

3) Backlash was relatively easy to set up however I had not clue how to correctly set up the bearing preload. The service manual was very vague and the torque measurement on pinion gear is useless without extremely accurate, high resolution torque wrench that I was not able to find anywhere. The torque wrench (0-7 N) from NAPA is useless for this application. What I have learned is that it is better to set up bearings slightly too loose than too tight. Too tight bearings will quickly wear where as too loose ones may make more noise but will last longer. To double check I decided to put temp. stickers to see if I did not put bearings too tight. My goal was to not exceed 90°C but I have not measured temperature before I put the locker so I could not really compare. Well , next time I’ll know but this maybe helpful for others…

After almost one year my locker works without leaks. I turn it in al least once a month to make sure that nothing will seize.

Good luck to everybody who decides to install it….