Quote:
Originally posted by HardcoreCBR:
Thanks a lot MikeX, I appreciate the exerpt from the manual (which obviously I don't have yet).

Some manuals (and people) say not do highway driving for the first xx km's either, which I'm sure was done.

The whole point is, when buying a brand new vehicle, why should I have the lingering question in the back of my mind for the next couple of years and possibly get a poorly broken in engine just because some sales manager wanted to save on a haul?

Just because most of the people that posted on this thread don't seem to care about breakin doesn't mean I shouldn't.
Ultimately dude, regardless of what the people around here say, it's your call. My X had 2 miles on it when I got it, so I can't complain. If it makes you that uncomfortable that you are already thinking about it, I'd refuse it. No need to go into a 3-5 year agreement with that over your head.