Thanks again for the install walkthough beetlebailey. smile

I had a few hours to spare this evening, so I went ahead and instaled a GENK50 mirror in my '06. The process was very straightforward, although it did take a few hours, and now I can finally pull my extra garage door remote out of my glove box where it's been rattling around for the last few weeks.

A couple of notes from my install:

- I think I received the "heavy duty" harness with my mirror package, which added 2 inline fuses to the power connections, and a 2 inch wide quick disconnect approximately 6" from the mirror plug. The disconnect took a little extra work to get pushed under the headliner, but there was plenty of room for it. I opted to not use the inline fuses however, since they were going to be next to inaccessable once everything was installed.

- On my '06, the rubber gasket around the drivers' door was not glued in place, and easily pulled off and pushed back onto the door frame. Instead of using screwdrivers to slip the gasket around the trim pieces, I simply pulled it away from the door while working on the trim.

- I was finiding it difficult to push the temperature sensor plug through the firewall gasket, so I ended up finding a rod of approximately the same diameter (in my case, a screwdriver extender), pushing it nearly all of the way through the hole I put in the gasket, then pushing the rod the rest of the way out with the plug for the temperature sensor. This allowed me to get the sensor plug/wire through the hole without damaging it, while keeping the hole itself as small as possible. I also added some black general purpose caulking around the hole to seal it up further.

- As others have mentioned, definitely get the plastic wire cover (3"-6" expandable version) to finish off your install. It's trivial to install, and gives it a very nice look in the end.

Now I just need to find an empty parking lot to do a couple of 360 degree turns to calibrate my compass without everyone looking at me funny. [Freak]

DB.