Quote:
Originally posted by Cyclemut:
Uh...yeah.

If you want, you could buy the plastic coated socket and ask the dealership to use that socket on your rig.

You ask the dealership to do work, but complain about the manner in which the tech does it? If you don't want a scratch on it, buy your own tools and do it yourself. If it's a garage queen, then it won't matter if it takes you an hour to rotate 4 wheels. Then you only have yourself to blame when [b]you
scratch 'em.

I wish I knew what folks did for a living, and could complain as loud about them making a mistake as some do about mechanics making a mistake.[/b]
Now wait a f-cking minute, with all due respect to you and the rest of the [good] mechanics who fix our cars, don't you think that when we bring our cars in to get fixed we should get them back without scratches? Hell, when I bring mine in, the idiot behind the counter goes around my truck twice to look for scratches so that they won't be held liable after I get it back. Do you really feel that when we get our vehicle servised it's ok to have a couple of scratches on it when we get it back? Personally, I wouldn't care about some minor shit like spin marks from the lug socket, but you're not approaching this very well. The truth is: the job can be done properly and if the mechanic can't do it properly, he shouldn't do it at all.