Long story short, I decided I couldn’t wait until the fall to my X for a couple of reasons; 1. my local sales tax is going up 1% July 1st (save about $250), 2. Waiting until year-end close-outs would only mean slim pickings, I said to myself if I can get year-end numbers like well under invoice right now, then why wait.

I bought a Night Armor “S”, with Power & Utility packages. I wanted the VDC and felt it was good thing to have on the X [it can be turned OFF]. I have the self-dimming/compass mirror, and for the life of me I can’t understand why Nissan neglected to add outside temp to it, or somewhere on the center console.

One of the things I really like about the NA color, was that the bumpers, and side moldings tend to disappear and give the truck a more uniformed look. It is towards the darker side, but does not show dirt & dust like black does.

I’m not a serious 4-wheeler right now or in the near future, and I decided that I don’t have a “real” need for the OR model, so let someone else who really wants one have it. I hope I don’t regret that one, but the OR was 2-3k more than an “S” and I really couldn’t justify it. All I wanted/needed is SUV cargo space, and 4x4 for snow and back roads etc. But still have plans to add sliders, & skid plates.

Man that 4.0 VQ engine sure is sweeeet, the third test drive was a charm.

A couple of “little” things I will miss having, and wished the X had;

1. A little softer more durable interior dash panels , but it’s a truck.
2. Again - outside temperature, either on dash or included w/ dimming mirror.
3. Auto On/Off head-lights, really how much could this have really cost. -or- at least have the lights turn-off a couple minutes after one pulls the key.
4. Steering audio controls [would be nice if all the X’s had it.]
5. A little better stock stereo & speakers.
6. Locking gas cover, I guess I’ll have to buy a key locking cap.
7. A little more durable/rugged seat fabric, although the dealer is doing a Scotch Guard protection which they back for 5-years.
8. Rear hatch window that opens.
9. I know this is a mini-van feature [Please NO flames], but being able to have the rear cargo windows that vent out about 2-4 inches. I’m involved with K9 SAR, and I’m sure my guy/dog would appreciate all the front-to-back air possible when not in motion.