Everyone,

My rear diff exploded too about a month ago. I have an 05 Off Road That I bought in April 2005. Whenever I turned I heard a loud clanking sound and I had all of the same symptoms like Lloyds. I took it to my Nissan Dealer and gave him two $20.00 bills, ($40.00) and he repleaced my entire rear end, free of charge. My X has 32,000 miles on it, and the underside is tore up from 2 GONE MOABs, I have the Daystar 2.5 in lift, and the front Shrockworks bumper with a Warn winch.

My Nissan service advisor at the dealership I went to in Los Angeles, said the actual mechanic tried to tell him that I had abused my X, but the service advisor told him to go ahead and replace it. It took about a week and Nissan even paid for 5 days worth of a rental car.

Every time I take my X in I tip the guy a $20 dollar bill and if its something big then I do $40. I'm not made of money, but its the best $20-$40 I ever spent getting $6,000 worth of rear end work done for free.

Lloyd, If I were you I would go to another dealership and when you pull up at the service entrance make sure you have the advisor walk over to your X and give him $20-$40 and tell him that you have this problem, but make sure there isnt a crowd when you "tip" him.

My personal opinion is that too many people are too cheap, and simple $20.00 dollar bill goes a long way (at least in LA it does) to getting what you want done. I never wait for an hour at a restaurant, I always get my service covered under warranty, I get a free phone upgrade from my carrier, because I always tip who I'm dealing with. If they wont accept a tip I then ask them who is their manager, and I make sure thier manager knows that I'm getting excellent service or I write a letter. People are starved for being appreciated in our selfish culture. Sorry for the soap box.