Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Here's mine. I don't know my ass from my elbow with regards to what I'm looking at tho and if I have 2 or 4 Spider gears.

REAR DIFF101
In this picture is a 4 spider diff. This is the factory elec. locker. Look to the left of the ring gear, notice the seam in the flange the ring gear bolts to? This is how the case opens to access the internals. When you remove the ring gear and 2 small screws and then she comes apart. Now on the right side notice the 2 white wires coming down into the black plastic block, this is the electric magnet, that locks the diff when given power. The magnet pushes a plate with fingers out to engage the locker.This model is the strongest Nissan currently offers. This is the one I run in my racer to date. The 2 spider will not make it 100 race miles. The weakest link in the 4 spider diff is the passenger axle end gear. It has been machined down to clear the magnet assembly. This made the splines that drive the axle too weak. Nissan does not sell the end gear separate. You must replace the complete rear axle assembly.

XterraRacer
TeamXterraRacing.com