Quote:
Originally posted by GraniteX:
Lloyd,

You may already be aware of this Titan Driveline forum. It does have a link to a PDF of the NHSTA listing for Titan differential failures.
I did see that. Shockingly there were only like 85 reports, and NONE for the XTerra. The reason is probably that Nissan had been honoring the warranty, so few people got pissed enough to file a complaint. You COULD have counted me in that crowd. But I filed a complaint with NHSTA and the BBB. Fixing to run to the lawyer office now.

A quick calculation I think Nissan is probably out 25M in diff repairs so far, so I can see where they are in O SH!T mode. My guess is liability lies in both Nissan and Dana, so its probably a mess.

The Tacoma thing is interesting, in that it is mostly E-Lockers also...Hmmm......

I also see the Titan crisis as appearing sooner and greater as the truck came out 1 year earlier, and there are alot of people towing. For the Gen II X, it is more of a matter of 4-wheeling, not towing, and the older the rig the more likely people are to wheel it. Heck, even mine sat un-wheeled for 1.5yrs until I started prepping it. So the crisis is just starting to brew on the X side. But a failure of this nature could be 100s of Millions of dollars eek