Quote:
Originally posted by Lloyd Swartz:
Ok, that confirms my street theory. Nissan? TIME TO STEP UP! RECALL NOW!

Sorry you have to put foot in mouth Muzikman, but I think most of us have gone through denial over this situation, it is just too unbelievable.

On a Montero with 35s you avoid full throttle action ONLY when the tires are turned hard over, and you will NEVER break a CV. Violate that rule(and somtimes you have little choice) and blammo.

BUT, that is a far cry from exploding spider gears with stock or 1" over tires and little wheel spin, or ON THE FREAKIN STREET! eek

Thats official then, no matter how long it takes the legal system to get Nissan to cough up my first diff these vehicles must not be taken off-road until upgrades are ready, or risk getting stranded.

I fired up the old 250,000 mile Montero today and plan to to get it workable for a few trips atleast until I can see if Xterra Racers solutions will be out soon, and viable or whether detail and trade in is the way to go.

It is amazing how fast a car company can creat enthusiasm and sales, then crush it due to a few failures......
Ya know, Lloyd, I was just at GONE Moab and, unless I'm mistaken, only one, that's right Lloyd, ONE, 2nd gen Xterra/Fronty had an issue with an exploding diff and that was because he didn't listen to his spotter. There also wasn't one single '05+ last year that had a diff explode. If it's such a HUGE problem why didn't more of these instances take place in one of the most likely places in the world?