OK, I already explained in detail the shortfalls of this highly anticipated bumper on the other boards, but basically, I would be weary of using a bumper rated to only tow 3000 lbs as a recovery point for a truck that weighs well over 4000 lbs whenm loaded! It looks pretty, but I'm a bit let down on the wimpy factor and would wait to see what Skid Row will offer. I suspect the Skid Row bumper will have the nice finish work of the Calmini and the strength of the KMA.

I'm also really disappointed that Calmini didn't make the corner pieces replaceable or use the existing plastic pieces. One tree or rock mishap and it has to be repaired or the whole bumper replaced!

I offer my comments because I have spent the past year designing rear bumpers, talking to people, and, uh, cleaning up the mess KMA sent me. I have spent a lot of time in the tow place and can tell you all that Schlud's KMA with extended inserts and 12 bolt installation is about as strong as we will ever see. I bet Calmini is only bolting to the side of the C section of the frame using the factory bumper mounts. Before you buy, ask questions!

Rrdstarr: keep in mind that if the Calmini does indeed use the hitch attachement points on the frame (unlikely with the 3000 lb limit, but...), attaching another hitch receiver may be difficult or impossible. I'm happy that Calmini came up with something that looks nice, but after all this wait, I'm a bit disappointed in the capabilities.

------------------
ChuckH
2000 SE 4x4, Aztec Red

[This message has been edited by ChuckH (edited 07-04-2001).]