Quote:
Originally posted by 3MTA3:
Alpine, the screen is Glass.

So I was in Orlando this past week on business and was given a 4GB Iphone. My first reaction was "I live in Canada this is a doorstop to me" BUT, we managed to apply the hack that unlocks most of the functionality (Wi Fi, Ipod etc) and this alone is impressive. I am off to China next thursday and have been told that the geeks at the University of Beijing (where we are going) have unlocked the phone itself, if that is indeed the fact I will be able to use my Sim card and will be a happy Mac fanboy
Yeah, but even if you unlock every ounce of potential in the thing, it still can't send a picture message, capture video, copy and paste, instant message, support any third party software, replace a battery in anything close to a convenient manner or utilize 3G speed.

As far as tech toys go, this would be a great device if it came with a free time machine to 2003.

*shrugs*

Why is this feature-less (but great first step towards a better user interface for all phones) phone getting all the hype yet nobody is talking about the coolest thing to hit cellphones in the last year?

Link to the coolest thing to hit cellphones in the last year....