Quote:
Originally posted by Scott:
Another late chime in - The frame horn threads are not that strong. In the course of mounting my Shrockworks bumper, I tightened and loosened them probably half a dozen times trying to get things lined up perfect (I'm anal). In the course of doing so, I stripped out 1 side. I wasn't even torquing them that hard - those threads are really weak. My solution was to drill the hole out a smidge and put a nut on the back side - there is just enough room to slide a nut up behind there (at least on my frame horns there was). The threads are weak, so be careful.
Those threads are weak. After I had taken off/put on my Shrock bumper numerous times, I got the bolt on the frame horn end driver's side crossthreaded because the threads had gotten so thin and I haven't fixed it yet.

That's a good idea about the nut - I'm going to see if there's enough space on my Frontier to fit a nut up in there. I'd like to still do the "L" brace on top of the frame horn end like TJ did, but damnit I don't want to take off the bumper again!

-Bp