Mechbee,

Keep in mind that selecting the correct line, using the proper technique, and learning from/watching others goes along way in preventing stuck situations. One of the great thing about the group dynamic is there are always plenty of folks around to help out/give advice.

We have other 4x2's in the group that have yet to get stuck, so don't assume you will get stuck a lot. The last few beginner runs with newbes, nobody got stuck with the exception of one returning member who always seems to find trouble. The more trail Xperience you get the more comfortable you will become I hope and I'm always amazed at the progress some make just in one day IE…tentative in the AM…. going full force after lunch.

When riding with 4x2's myself and maybe a few other Xperienced members normally drive in 2WD. When we approach obstacles and/or terrain that might give 4x2's troubles we attemp them first and give the appropriate advice/spotting on how to make it if possible. This strategy works pretty well most of the time, however some situations are tougher than others and getting stuck/unstuck in part of fun/process. If your going to push your abilities/X to the limits sooner or later you will get stuck, the key is to learn from the Xperience and have a blast doing so.

For 4x2's owners that are serious about off-roading the most important upgrade is real all or mud terrain tires IMO.

[This message has been edited by Xtoolbox (edited 04-07-2001).]