Heavy Off-road(rock crawling/mud) 3% (13)

Poll results thus far. 13 members of XOC bought their trucks for "heavy rock crawling and mud". In your opinion , Ian did they buy the wrong truck?

From the Arizona Xterra Club forum
1/29/02
Topic: Lower Ajax
Origionally Posted by Scobyb:

"I may be interested as well, where is Florence Junction? You say there is a 2wd trail that crosses? Mine is not a rock crawler yet, but I would like to watch others right now. I am new to the state so where is Florence Junction?
Thanks,"

Now , by using the word "yet" in this statement it would lead a reasonable person to believe that he thinks his X is capable of becoming a "rock crawler" and that his X , with the right tires is eventually going to become one.

( I only am using this quote to provide an example of an X owner that sees his truck as having the potential to be a rock crawler. I'm not saying whether it can or can't be a crawler only demonstrating that people here see it as having the potential. I don't know Scoobyb and this is not a judgement of him or his aspirations for his X at all whatsoever . )

I would doubt that Scobyb is alone in his ambitions for the X to be a rock crawler. But it is nice to have a dream , isn't it? Even if it is a potentially expensive and far fetched one.

The only point that I am trying to make is that the X is different things to different people . We all have our own individual ideas of what we want our X to be. There is nothing wrong with that and it should be encouraged rather than discouraged in the interest of sharing knowledge and ideas about the X.