Xterrian,

Your post was right on the mark, IMO. I find it interesting that listers insist on pointing out irrelevant details. A debate or lecture on what rock crawling is, for instance, doesn't belong here.

Extreme uses were used to illustrate the point that there is a wide variety of interests that motivate one's desire for a vehicle. Most of us, in the general population...not just on this list, are in the middle of the spectrum when it comes to what we use our X's for most frequently and why we bought it in the first place.

If this is a "trail riding" or "four wheeling" list, then change the statement on the homepage or change the name. I, for one, joined because I saw what looked like an interesting forum for X owners. I didn't expect to be made to feel badly because my Xterra is a 4X2. I did my research before buying what I wanted, from a wide variety of vehicles, and bought what I wanted.

I would like to see more DIY threads on mechanics that don't involve suspension, etc (that are specific to 4 wheelin') and more on the things so many advise just bringing to the dealer to fix. I understand that the X is so new that most are still under warranty, but I hope to stick around as time goes by so that I can benefit from those threads. It will save money, in labor etc, and benefit ALL Xterra owners.

Do many listers have service manuals? How 'bout the Haynes manual? I have one on order and hope to use it for routine maintenance or possibly more involved repairs. I enjoy it and find it interesting. I also understand that there will be many I can't, because I don't have the tools. But, I'll deal with that then!

Anyway....

See ya'

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" - The C man

I also have some waterfront property for sale on the lakefront in Louisiana!! (NOLA) Just kidding