Quote:
Originally posted by sonnyc:
[b]Originally posted by cornick:
I have an extra one. But how can those things be $12? I should get a couple extra because I want to buy the grip as well.

And oh yea, I'm on that board as well as well the only screen name I've had.... cornick smile

Yeah I was surprise how cheap they are too compare to the Canon.

With 2000mA, there's a lot of juice. I've been using it for about 100 shots so far without issues. Super fast free shipping with USPS too.

I also have the grip and with 2 of these, I can go all day.[/b]
I've had these batteries for a little more than a year now (they were only 1800mAh then). They lasted me almost (the two in a grip) a week last year at the Big Bend trip before I had to recharge them as we started our return trip home. They are all I use now, and easily run the entire weekend on campouts (that's with no flash, I use an external flash with 2650 NiMH rechargeables that also last the entire weekend on one charge). There's supposed to be a new hybrid technology for NiMH rechargeables, that are supposed to store power much longer when just sitting around, to make using rechargeables easier and not have to charge them up just before you use them. I read about them somewhere a couple of days ago, and saw them in Walmart yesterday. I picked up a couple to test them out, they are only 2500mAh, so they are not as powerful as my current favorite rechargeables, but if they have a better shelf life they could be a lot easier to use.
Carrollton RACES/ARES #4007/A07