Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Are you sure Andy Rooney is a good guy to quote when talking about either politicians or black people...

[b]"I've believed all along that most people are born with equal intelligence, but blacks have watered down their genes because the less intelligent ones are the ones that have the most children. They drop out of school early, do drugs and get pregnant."
.... Andy Rooney 1990[/b]
You forgot the following line: "Rooney denied ever making the comment and the reporter did not tape the interview."

Quote:
Back to the topic.........

What has Obama ever done? If you go along with Rooney's standards, what makes Obama so smart?
Nothing. I wasn't speaking about Obama, and neither was Rooney. That's not the point. The point is that experience, in Rooney's opinion, isn't as important as brains. Obama is NOT the smartest guy in the room. The smartest guy in the room should be running the show.

Quote:
I'll give him one thing. He's smart enough to give speeches to idiots without ever talking about a single concrete thing, yet they think he "inspires" them. He has the ability to fool them into thinking he represents something different.

Hitler and Stalin also gave good speeches calling for change and seemed to "inspire" people.
Comparing him to Hitler and Stalin is a bit far fetched. He hasn't a fraction of the charisma of Hitler, and ten times the charisma of Stalin. Have you heard the old recordings of Stalin? Ugh. One of the worst public speakers of all time. But a resourceful and crafty politician, a man more akin to a mafia don than a charismatic personality. Obama is neither. He's just same old Washington politics in a bit shinier, newer packaging. But, I think it might go a long way. Like I've said before, when it comes to turd sandwiches, sometimes you're tired of dried up old white feces, and you want a fresh, brown turd instead.

Quote:
Obama is no different than any other far left Democrat when you look under the surface. He is nothing but a "cult of personality".
Again, I think you're exaggerating (big surprise there), and giving Obama a little too much credit. If he were a bonafide personality cult, he wouldn't be fighting for the White House. We'd be saying "McCain who?"

Quote:
Obama thinks babies that survive botched abortions have no human rights and doctors should have the right to kill them - outside the womb. Is that what "inspires people". Would many people people be "inspired" knowing that fact about him?
Did he actually say that? Like, in those words? If he did, fuck it, I'll vote for the man. Just out of respect for his massive balls. But, again, I think you're paraphrasing...and full of shit. Source it, and I'll sit at your right hand and do your bidding. Until then, I'm just pointing and laughing.

Quote:
Poor Hillary.... the liberals and the media for 15 years have been saying she is the smartest woman in America. Now Democrats are going for the "cult of personality".
If Americans have demonstrated anything, it's that brains are of incredibly little importance. Jesus, take a look at the Stuttering Cowboy Clap-Clap Show we've had for the last eight years. Did we fall for the Big Brain on Bush propaganda that was thrown at us? And that was their success! remember? Bush might not be the smartest fella in town, but he's salt of the earth! A man's man! A cowboy!

Maybe the media has been propping up Hillary as a woman of intellect, but they've missed the target audience. Americans don't give a shit about brains. They want a president they "can have a beer with." We just don't idolize smart people.